Thursday, August 13, 2009

30 Second Pause

I heard back from a guy who asked me out weeks ago at a karaoke bar. He sent me a message saying he had met someone else, which is why we couldn't go out on our first date.

Huh? What?

Dude, I am not crying in my cornflakes over a date that never happened. I appreciated the follow-up and he was a nice guy for giving me the 4-1-1 but this is New York. Sometimes people don't call back. Hike your pants up, and calm the hell down.

However, I couldn't get over the nagging feeling that perhaps he had seen my blog through a mutual friend. He mentioned the word "multi-tasking", ie. dating more than one person at a time, and suggested that I might not be too hurt about the non-date as I might be too busy. (I'm not hurt. Duh. We never went out, duh!) If he had seen my blog and decided not to go on a date for that reason alone, that's fine. No skin off my back.

I also got a text from the "Big Fat Liar", who asked what went wrong. I didn't have the heart to hurt his feelings and tell him that he was a weirdo, so I told him I wasn't looking for a relationship. He was nice and polite and that was the end of that.

After these past few weeks of dating, my biggest let-down was that I hadn't heard back from "Pete". We had two good dates, had texted a few times more, but couldn't meet up because of work or other commitments, and then...radio silence. No more phone calls, no more e-mails, no more texts. I couldn't call him, otherwise I'd risk looking like a chump, (I am adverse to anything that makes me look like a chump) and well, if he wasn't calling me back then perhaps he wasn't good enough to make the cut anyway. He certainly had enough time to give me another call.

It's back to square one all over again.

No comments:

Post a Comment