Thursday, June 17, 2010

A Doodle For My Future Boyfriend


tiramisu could never defeat an m&m in a food war.
that's cuz m&ms are ninjas - in a candy-coated shell.

I'm tired and it's late so I'm keeping this short. I started dating a guy in publishing, whom I met through a mutual friend. We went to see the band Metric live in a venue on the West side and this 'publishing guy' seemed to like me but I wasn't sure at the end of the night because of the chaste peck we shared at the subway. I think he also scurried away from me right afterward. BUT, we kept talking via e-mail all week and I thought to myself, "Finally! A dude who keeps in touch on a regular basis and someone I can relate to!"

I tried to woo him by making him jealous over the fact that I got a free packet of pretzel M&Ms in Herald Square. They usually give out free goodies there in the summer but my "publishing dude" wasn't impressed because he had tiramisu with lunch. I drew this doodle to a.) show him my super-duper-awesome artistic abilities and b.) to make him laugh cuz guys like funny girls, right? He e-mailed me back and told me my doodle was racist. I can't help it if all ninjas are Asian.

Naturally, his comment dampened my enthusiasm for him and I went through the next few days vacillating between cutting things off or putting him in the 'friend zone'. He kept e-mailing me and we went on a second date. I'm not sure if I've sufficiently wooed him, perhaps more racist doodles are in order, but I've decided that this guy will be my future boyfriend. Oh yes, he will be mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment