Thursday, June 17, 2010

Why I Stopped Bloggedy-Blogging and Why I'm Back Again

I stopped blogging for a little while because I was going through a personal crisis. I was still finding dates, too many in fact, and it really cut into my work hours. I watched my productivity decline, my spirits sink, my friendships dissolve and I resolved to cut back for a little while, even though most of the dates were good, with a sprinkling of bad and crazy (who was that guy whose face I licked at Rudy's??). I was deeply unhappy and knew that I needed a change. I knew that dating was not helping my circumstances.

Still, I stopped blogging because I realized I was in love with my ex-boyfriend. It wasn't over. I needed closure, I needed to heal, I needed a goddamn break from having a boyfriend, significant other, late-night hook-up, you name it. Of course, this didn't stop me but it made me think about my life, what I wanted from it, and where it should go. I'm still a messed up chick in New York City, but at least I'm a little less messed up now, a little more polished and a bit more in control. Most of all, after nine months of working on my goals and getting over what was a doomed relationship, I feel better. Honestly and truly. Hallelujah and praise Jeebus.

So what do I do?

I start dating. I'm a dumbass. Tis true.

No comments:

Post a Comment